Although the school is chartered by the Menifee Union School District, it is an independent school that operates as a separate public school district. The school is responsible for all administrative functions from Business Services such as payroll, human resources, health benefits, budget and finance to traditional school site operations under the supervision of the Director/Principal of the school. The board ensures that the vision of the school is implemented through policy setting, the review of interim financial reports and adoption of a balanced annual budget among other things.
Santa Rosa Academy School Board of Directors typically meets the third Thursday of every month at 3:00 p.m. for closed session and approximately 3:30pm for open session. All meetings are held at: 27587 La Piedra Road, Menifee, CA 92584 in the library. Please note that occasionally board meeting dates and/or times are changed. Please check the SRA website calendar and for updates.
|Meeting Date||Meeting Type||Agenda|
|September 21st, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|August 17th, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|June 8th, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|May 18th, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|April 20th, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|March 16, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|February 16, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|January 19, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|November 17, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|October 20, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|September 15, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|August 18, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Agenda|
|Meeting Date||Meeting Type||Minutes|
|August 17, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|June 8, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|May 18, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|April 20, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|March 16, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|February 16, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|January 19, 2017||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|August 18, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|September 15, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|October 20, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
|November 17, 2016||Regular Meeting||Board Meeting Minutes|
The Board shall work with the Director to fulfill its major roles, which include:
1. Setting a direction for the school.
2. Providing a basic organizational structure for the school by establishing policies.
3. Ensuring accountability.
4. Providing community leadership on behalf of the school and public education.
To fulfill these basic responsibilities, the Board shall:
1. Involve the community, parents/guardians, students, and staff in developing a common vision for the school focused on learning and achievement and responsive to the needs of all students.
2. Adopt, evaluate, and update policies consistent with the law and the School’s vision and goals.
3. Maintain accountability for student learning by adopting the School curriculum and monitoring student progress.
4. Hire and support the Director so that the vision, goals, and policies of the school can be implemented.
5. Conduct regular and timely evaluations of the Director based on the vision, goals and performance of the school, and ensure that the Director holds school personnel accountable.
6. Adopt a fiscally responsible budget based on the school’s vision and goals, and regularly monitor the fiscal health of the School.
7. Ensure that a safe and appropriate educational environment is provided to all students.
8. Provide community leadership on educational issues and advocate on behalf of students and public education at the local, state and federal levels.
9. Convene as a judicial and appeals body and serve as the final decision -maker in accordance with law, Board policies and negotiated agreements . The Board is authorized to establish and finance any program or activity that is not in conflict with, inconsistent with, or preempted by law.
Scott Mason has lived in Riverside County with his family for the past 6 years. Mr. Mason has served the community during those 6 years by working as a Felony Prosecutor for the Riverside County District Attorney’s office. As a community college graduate, Mr. Mason believes in the value of a community college education.
Dan Temple, and his wife, Naomi, are the parents of two children. The oldest, Dominique, graduated in 2012 from Santa Rosa Academy, and attends Brigham Young University. Their son Spencer is currently in High School at Santa Rosa. Their children have attended SRA since 2006. Mr. Temple is a Sergeant with the California Highway Patrol, and works in the Temecula Area. The Temple family has lived in Menifee for a number of years
Matt Duarte and his wife, Cody, have been married for over 10 years and have two children. Mr. Duarte grew up in Menifee, attended schools locally throughout his younger years, and was active in Menifee youth sports. He is now a licensed attorney and works as a Partner at the local law firm of Davis Wojcik Duarte, APLC. He also currently serves as President of the Board of Directors for Valley-Wide Recreation and Park District and is a Barrister with the Southwest Inns of Court.
Brooke is a parent to two children at Santa Rosa Academy. She has one son in Third grade and one son in Fourth grade. Both children have been enrolled in blue track since Kindergarten. She retired from American Airlines working as a Flight Attendant to become a stay at home mom. Working from home affords her the opportunity to volunteer her time at SRA and her church. Brooke and her husband, Greg have been married for 11 years, and have lived in Menifee since 2009. As a family, they enjoy camping, music, and sports.
Parent Member, Secretary
Mrs. Kellie Welty
|Kellie Welty and her husband Dale have lived in Canyon Lake for a combined 29 years. Kellie has three children, Adam is a Nuclear Engineer with the United States Navy. Allison attends college and works in the local community. Kellie has been a Santa Rosa parent since her daughter attended SRA in 2010. Kellie’s youngest son, Nicholas is in third grade. Kellie is a retired Realtor which she enjoyed for many years serving the local community. Kellie currently is involved in many organizations that support the local community.|
Community Board Member
Ernesto P. Lizarraga
Completed thirty-five years in California education including the last twenty-three as a site administrator. My wife and I have been married thirty-nine years and have raised three sons and a daughter. We have three precious grandsons and are privileged to have my eighty-three-year-old mother in our home.
Districts served – Santa Ana, Perrin Union, Val Verde, Menifee Union
Positions – Social Science teacher, Elementary/Middle school principal, English Learner
coordinator, Adjunct professor(Concordia), Consultant, and Online Coach for ACSA’s Leadership Institute
Accomplishments – Twice principal of the year, transformed two middle schools, Successful FPM site/district review, Gold Ribbon recognition for PBIS, established two new sites, Consistent academic results, fully implemented PLC culture.