Parents & Students:
- The purpose of SRA’s media sites (and emails) is to assist you. We daily update in order to keep you well informed.
- In this tab section, you will find helpful and/or required links, information, forms and documents. Regularly check back and click on each tab for any recent updates.
- The Upcoming Events section below lists important reminders, along with the SRA website, student portal and emails.
- Mrs. McMullen regularly AND daily emails students and parents. Check your spam/junk mail settings if you are not receiving any.
- If there is any information not provided that you would like to see on the Academic Counseling website, please email your suggestions to Mrs. McMullen.
In conclusion, please respectfully take time to familiarize yourself with information provided;
regularly check for updates, and always read emails sent. Thank you!
AE Picture Day
Absentee Day – October 21st
Homepage to the University of California System: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu
A-G Course List – Check your high school’s A-G approved course list.
Academic Planner– A helpful tool for students to keep track of their A-G requirements to make sure they stay on track to attend a four year university upon graduating high school.
College Board: SAT registration and preparation, school search, and helpful college planning information.
ACT: ACT registration and preparation, helpful college planning tools.
Mrs. McMullen is the Academic Counselor and one of the Founders of Santa Rosa Academy. She has also taught for over 25 years and is very passionate about helping students succeed.
Mrs. McMullen’s greatest desire for students is for them to find out what they are truly passionate about, then help them reach those goals in order to be
life long learners and productive citizens. She believes EVERY student is gifted with specific talents and has potential to accomplish great things if they set their minds to it and believe in themselves.
As a counselor, there’s nothing more that brings Mrs. McMullen joy than to see students succeed and persevere through and overcome life’s challenges. It is also very special to her when former students stop by to say hello or touch base.
· Bachelor of Science in Zoology from UC Davis
· Master of Science in Instructional Leadership from National University
· College Admissions Counseling Postgraduate Certificate from UCR
· Married for almost 24 years and has 3 daughters.
· Favorite hobbies are marine biology and traveling.
· First job was raising penguins (hence the penguin icon tab)
· Worked at SeaWorld after college, then decided to get teaching credential.
California Colleges: Provides a detailed breakdown of the admission requirements to California public colleges as well as has an online tool to help match students with potentials schools.
Cal State Apply: Provides students and families with information about the California State University system, as well as how to finance and apply to one of the many CSU campuses.
UC Applications: Link to the application for the UC System for both freshman and transfer applicants.
Pathway to UC: Information on the process of applying to the University of California System. (Spanish Version)
CCCApply: The go-to online resource for the California Community College System. Here you can apply for most Califronia Community Colleges.
The Common Application: The Common Application can be submitted to 488 Independent colleges and universities for both freshman and transfer applicants.