At the end of the 2013/2014 school year Santa Rosa Academy introduced a Chromebook Pilot program with some Red/White Track middle school students. The students checked out the ChromeBooks from the Technology Center and were able to take the Chromebooks home to enhance their homeschooling experience at no cost to the students family.
Starting with the 2014/2015 school year our goal is to provide free of charge Chromebooks for all 6th-12th grade Red/White Track students to receive more engaging and more personalized instruction to enhance their learning.
Chromebook Agreement Details
(Reminder: All students agreed to the following rules prior to receiving their Chromebook
1. As an educational tool students will use Chromebooks only for school-related purposes.
2. Students will bring their Chromebooks with them to school for applicable classes and/or EA meetings.
3. Students will keep their Chromebooks in a secure and safe location when not in use.
4. Students will keep their Chromebooks clean with no attached stickers or other items that might deface or damage the finish, screen, or other components.
5. No attempt will be made to install additional software, apps or extensions on the Chromebook without prior school permission.
6. Students will only use their SRA-issued Google Apps for EDU account when operating the Chrombook.
7. Students will not disassemble or attempt to disassemble any part of their Chromebook. Students will not attempt to physically repair their Chromebook or to upgrade/install any additional internal hardware.
8. Students will immediately report all malfunctions, damage, or loss of a Chromebook to the SRA Technology Department.
7. Students will not download or store inappropriate content (including explicit images, music or videos) on the Chromebooks.