You’re a charter school supporter. Here are 5 things you may not know.
Here are five things that you may not know about charter schools:
- Charter schools are public schools. Charter schools are tuition-free, public schools of choice open to any student.
- Charter schools serve all students. Like California’s population, charter school students are incredibly diverse. Charter public schools have shown that students of all backgrounds can excel when given the opportunity.
- Charter schools serve English Language Learners. A new report finds that charter public schools are helping English Language (“EL”) students do better in school.
- Charter schools are exceeding academically. Charter schools are delivering on the promise of a great public education, especially in under-served communities. Research shows that charter school students are learning more each year, and graduating ready for college at higher rates than traditional public schools.
- Thousands of parents are waiting for more charter schools. More and more families are demanding the charter school option as they learn that charter school students are doing better in school. Yet there is still an overwhelming unmet need for quality school options as over 158,000 students are on charter school waiting lists in California.
Visit Calcharters.org for more information