Information on Santa Rosa Academy’s Advisory Council
There are two parents from each, Red, Blue, and White tracks and six staff members on the Advisory Council. Four certificated, representing each grade and track, one administrator, and one classified staff member.
The members of this Advisory Council are not voting members of the board, but exist for the purpose of proposing to the Board policies to encourage the active involvement of parents and guardians in the affairs of the school. All actions and recommendations of the council shall require ratification by the Board before given effect. If you would like to contact the Advisory Council you may do so via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The parameters for this council are as follows:
- The council will meet at least once a month.
- Members are to review policies and procedures.
- Allocate a budget.
- Coordinate parent involvement.
- Aid in the development of fundraising.
Terms of the drawing:
- Spots are drawn by lottery.
- The first spot drawn will be one year per each track. Spots will be staggered thereafter.
- Parents will be allowed to do multiple terms, but must re-enter the lottery.
- The chairperson will be determined by vote at the first meeting. This chairperson will report out and take direction from the Board.
- One hour time limits per meeting. Meeting participation may be remote if the council agrees.
- Attend all meetings, active participation in the charges set forth by the Board.
- Report out what you are working on for the Board.
- Discuss, present, and implement.